I offer professional grant/proposal and technical writing services along with editing and research help to artists, scholars, and makers from all walks of life. My work is guided by an attentive approach that is faithful to people’s distinct values and ideas.
- I specialize in the areas of contemporary art and the humanities. My background is in cultural studies, fine art, art history, and arts administration. I welcome requests from people in the other areas.
- I am qualified to work on a wide range of materials, including: grant proposals and reports, websites, catalogues, calendars and educational materials, academic papers, theses, dissertations, manuscripts, press releases and public communications.
- I am an exacting reader and a succinct and conscientious writer who deeply respects the integrity of the projects that people bring to me. My style is to work closely with you and your project in a manner that is respectful of your voice, objectives, and capabilities.
- I have more than 10 years of experience. I am thorough, well-organized, and punctual, and I enjoy working with people as they give shape and expression to their ideas.
- I have a good sense of the stylistic conventions that apply to contemporary art and academia. I keep up-to-date with changes in funding priorities at the municipal, provincial, and federal levels.
- I have worked with the Leonard and Bina Ellen Art Gallery, Canadian Art, Artexte, Verticale – Centre d’artistes, Galerie Les Territoires, Truck Contemporary, Skol, Cabinet, MAI – Montréal Arts Interculturels, and Journée sans culture. I have also worked with numerous individual artists and scholars.